Hoppy Easter

We left off with us going to Nashville in March of 2013. We are almost only a year behind here. I swear once I get caught up again I can NEVER get this far behind. Ever. Again! This is insanity! It doesn't help looking at these pictures and seeing how small she once was. No, before anyone gets any ideas, I don't want anymore... not now anyways.

The next big deal in our lives was Easter in 2013. We took Payton to two egg hunts. The first one was small and the second one was a big event. There were bounce houses, the Easter Bunny (she nixed him), animals to pet and feed, and of course the egg hunt. She had a blast!

She was super excited and ready for the hunt to start. We told her what to do at an egg hunt and she was ready to go!


Then she got to feed some animals. This child loves to feed animals (complete opposite of me) and would spend all day doing it if we would let her.


The next thing we had to do was to dye our Easter eggs. We put Payton's painting shirt on because I was certain this would be a mess.
She quickly learned how to put the eggs in the cup.
Taking them out was a different story. Tim tried to pull them up on the little thing that comes with the kits, but Payton was just so excited she just wanted to scoop them up.

We ended up with plenty of pretty eggs decorated by Payton (with a little help from Mommy and Daddy). She had so much fun that my mom boiled some eggs at her house for Payton to do too.
And then it was finally Easter. Since she is still young, the Easter Bunny didn't really hide her basket too well. She didn't quite understand the idea of having to hunt for it. But once she saw it she was thrilled with what the bunny brought her.
Yogurt melts!
BUBBLES for the bath!
(and some other goodies- applesauce, books, etc).
Then we went outside because the bunny left some eggs behind for Payton to find!

And at this point she was such a pro, she sat right down to dig in and see what was inside.
And a few days later, we found an egg that the bunny hid so well that Payton never found it.

Up next... Gardening!



Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

1 comment:

  1. OMG its been forever since i have been by your blog. I will have to catch up one day. She is adorable!!!!! I am also so so behind. My oldest started kindergarten last August and that's when I totally fell behind. Went like 10 months without a single post and just a couple within the last couple months. I keep saying I am going to challenge myself to 30 days of blogging:) we will see if I ever get around to it.

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)