Do you miss it?

A lot of people ask "so, do you miss being pregnant?"... or a lot of people will say how they have missed being pregnant. So maybe I am just weird when people ask me and my response is...

While I loved being pregnant and had a really easy pregnancy (until the nonstop itching at the end), the only part I miss is feeling her kick. I wouldn't trade having her here for those though. And what I really miss and am sad that is over... is the labor. Weird? Maybe. But other than really quick, intense contractions, I loved the entire experience. Maybe it is because I had a quick and easy labor that I miss it. And people that labored for over 12+ hours may not feel this way. I was so excited to be able to say "we gotta call the Dr... this is it". And being able to time contractions and see the excitement from Tim. The time in the hospital with just Tim and I before she was born was just so surreal. We knew this little girl was about to come into our lives and change them forever. Tim was there to comfort me through every single contraction and did anything he could to help. I knew he would be great, but the moments were just so special. And he did even better than I thought he would! Even with how exhausted we both were, sleep just wasn't that important (even though I did have Tim take a nap once my mom got there... I couldn't sleep because I was too excited). And then, after having the epidural and just being so excited to meet her, I feel like that time in labor just flew by. It may be because we watched tv the entire time. Is it weird that I might always associate Married with Children with our labor? It was on in the hospital (as well as Fresh Prince, Yes Dear, Saved by the Bell, and Home Improvement). And hearing the Dr. say "it's time to push, you're ready!"... things like that you just don't forget. I felt as special that day as I felt on our wedding day. And looking at Payton now, I still can't believe that she came from me, just (one day shy of) three months ago.

(We will have a 3 month post this weekend... just waiting on the dr stats and official 3 month pictures)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

12 comments:

  1. Dana from Hancock Heir:

    I miss being pregnant sometime.....I think because people are soooo nice to pregnant women :) and i'll admit it - i liked the attention.

    I however, am not missing the whole labor thing. I had to get induced so no surprise excitment....and I had to push (yes....just push) for three hours. Not fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post. I'm only a week or three away from labor and I'm actually excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing Payton today and chatting with you about everything baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I think I'm only going to miss the kicking...it is so far the only thing (besides the extra positive attention) that I like about pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love her little face!!!!!! that tongue!! ohhh swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dana I think that is why I liked labor.. I was supposed to be induced and didn't have to... and I only pushed 30 minutes.
    Shannon I bet you are getting so excited!! I can't wait to see the big announcement!
    Kristi we can always chat baby! We can chat other things too lol but I know it is nice to have other people to chat baby with. (And yes, you are right, the niceness and positive attention was great!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do and I don't miss being pregnant. I miss the kicks and always having my baby with me but it's not the same as actually having them here and seeing grow and holding them and everything else.
    Happy 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you know my answer to this question :-)
    I don't miss being pregnant nor do I miss the 18 hrs of labor and the C-section. I did like all the positive attention I got while pregnant but that was the only thing I will miss. Would I do all of it again - absolutely! There is nothing greater in the world than hearing your child say "love you mommy" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I miss it too. I am like you though...only the kicking and flutters. I have three beautiful children and all three pregnancies were different. Except, I did have morning sickness with all three. I especially miss being pregnant when my teenager starts going into one of his hormonal fits, lol!

    You have a beautiful blog Gina! Thanks for following mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I'm going to miss being pregnant. It's such a life changing experience to be responsible for caring for and growing such a precious life inside you. It will also be so weird not having this big belly but I think that will change the second I hold my little girl! That's awesome that you had a good labor. I certainly hope mine is that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were an absolute trooper in labor and you pushed like nobody's business to get her out...and I must say...YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOMMY!!!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower! I love your blog! She is such a cutie! I can't wait to be pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)