Stretch marks...

No don't worry, I won't be showing you mine (yes I do have them). But I found this on pinterest (thanks for teaching me more ways to procrastinate Amy) and just loved the quote. I am not sure who the original author of the quote is, but it is just fantastic. Anyone that has stretch marks probably hates to look at them. I know I do, and I swear they are getting worse instead of better. But reading this, gives you a new perspective on them.


"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. 


It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

So next time you look at your ugly beautiful stretch marks, think of this.

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!S

17 comments:

  1. I don't have any stretchmarks YET (still have 6 weeks to go), but I pinned the exact same thing on my pinterest. Beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I shouldn't have read this! I'm at work and my eyes are filled to the brim with tears. It's so beautiful and touching. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I'm seriously in tears right now! My friend calls them love marks. Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me teary.. Thank you so much for sharing. It's so perfect. Have a great weekednd =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I do have them, and this does make me look at them in a whole new way. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog today on tbb. I have a 13 month old named Peyton as well! Your Payton is aborable!

    Amber xo

    www.ambergioiasmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for making me a blubbering mess! And I thought you were posting a stretch mark remedy!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry this made everyone cry at work LOL as I have learned, if it is sappy I will now put a disclaimer for the at work readers LOL but it is a perfect quote.
    Shannon I am so hoping you don't get any but I swear mine just appeared out of nowhere! And once Payton was born I swear they got worse lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh what a wonderful way to look at stretchmarks!
    Luckily, all of mine (and I had a LOT on my butt) turned white/transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least on your butt they are covered when you wear a bathing suit! (NOT that I am getting into one of those anytime soon LOL)... I am hoping mine turn transparent at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that on Pinterest and it made me get teary eyed! Stretch marks aren't the best but they are worth it 100 percent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi....new follower from the hop. I was lucky and hardly got any and now they are transparent but they are so worth it.
    I love the name Payton! I want a baby girl so bad{I have 2 boys} that's the name I have picked out if we ever have a baby girl;) I guess I will need to get that approved from the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop. Please stop by and follow back.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't get any until after I had Logan-I thought I was in the clear! I have some around my belly button. The stretch marks and csection scar are ugly but if you think about what your body actually went through it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! I couldn't have said it better...
    Newest follower, just wanted to say hi! Looking forward to reading more!
    Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally a tear jerker that didn't make me cry...I've had stretch marks since I was like 12 years old...I was a fatty. Stretch marks are the one thing I don't have to fret over because I'm pregnant...the baby didn't cause them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)