2 months

First, let me warn you... this is long and the pictures are not loaded up yet. I will post an announcement when I finally get her pictures in here. and I had it ready to post on her actual 2 month birthday but sine the pictures weren't ready, I waited. So I have edited a few things to reflect the changes (more for my own memory than yours, I didn't want to erase anything that she was doing a week ago as opposed to today).


It is so crazy to think that two months ago Payton was just entering this crazy world. It is hard to think back to what I did with my time before her. And it amazes me how much I can manage to get done with her here. I am really good at doing things one handed. There have been many, many times that I have crunched numbers to see if I could swing being a SAHM or working part time. Especially with my return to work date approaching. But it just is not possible. So instead, I have to remind myself that I am working for her... to take her to Disney, buy her cute clothes, buy her toys, and in the future be able to enroll her in sports, clubs, etc. Which is why I will have a ton of pictures of her hanging up in my classroom. There is no other way about it. 
Sleep- Well folks.... Payton did get something from her mommy... her love of sleep. Starting July 28 Payton began sleeping through the night. She started going to bed around 10 and waking up at 5 or 6... then this changed to about 8:30 or 9 and waking up at about 6 or 6:30 to eat. She eats and then goes back to sleep until around 10... and typically this snooze is in our bed. Hey.. we gotta get all the cuddle time we can get. 

Daily Routine- Well... our routine has flown out the window with her new sleeping through the night revelation. Honestly, I am ok with it. She wakes up, eats, then naps. After she wakes up she eats again and we play for a little bit until she decides to nap again. Lately, she has been sitting in her bouncy seat, "helping" me blog, clean, and do school work. Sometimes she decides to skip her nap. We do this throughout the day. Sometimes she gets a mid day bath (if she slept through her bath the night before). If we have errands to run we do them usually around 11 (after her "lunch"). We do tummy time or play on the floor at least once a day...depending on her mood. Sometimes she gets so mad about it we just have to give it up. At night, we try to read to her every night. Sometimes she is just so tired she wants to be put in her bed, Yep, Payton knows when she is ready for bed and that's the only thing that will make her happy when she is tired. So I guess I could say our routine is Payton dictated (kinda like everything else). But the one routine that hasn't changed is how she goes to bed. She gets cuddle time with daddy when he gets home from work, when she lets out the slightest fuss, we know it's bed time. She gets swaddled, good night kisses, a paci, and put in her bed with her sounds/projector.

Feeding- Well she's a growing girl... she eats 5oz about every 4 hours. Sometimes she wants it earlier, sometimes she wants it later. Basically she eats 20oz a day. (This just changed today to 6 ounces every 4 hours- which is 24 ounces a day because she is only eating 4x.) When it is time to eat, Payton will let the whole world know. There is no progressive sadness with this girl (kinda like I didn't have progressive contractions). She uses those lungs to their full extent. But as soon as I put her bib on her (she is a slob, a burp cloth isn't enough) she gets a big smile and starts getting excited. It is adorable! She still cries when it is time to burp (except at her 6am feeding) like I am taking her food away. I have started trying to give her the paci when it is time to burp and that is working so far, until she catches on to that trick too I'm sure. She has formed such a habit of it that she cries at the end of the bottle too until she realizes that she is full. She eats at around 6:30, 10:30, 2:30 or 3:00, and 7:00 and then is done for the day. (Sometimes it is 6am, 10am, 2pn, 6pm... this is more likely the past couple days.)
Weight-
birth- 6lbs 8oz
2 weeks- 7lbs 8oz
1 month- 8lbs 15oz
2 months- our at home estimate is 11lbs 3oz we will know Friday  well we were way off.. 10lbs 5oz

Height-
birth- 20 inches
2 weeks- 20 1/4 inches
1 month-  21inches
2 months- I will update Friday 23inches!!!
Diaper size-  For a while, Pampers size 1 were too big but the Huggies 1s fit. We just opened up the Pampers size 1's and they fit. So I think it is safe to say she officially wears a size 1 dipe.

Clothing size- Most of her newborn stuff still fits (a couple things are too small) and some 0-3 month stuff fits... not much but some. She swims in a lot of it. It is actually time to start packing a few things away... and I do mean just a few... there isn't much that is too small but there is no need to keep it out. I really should post pictures of her closets... yep two of them. But..to defend my excessive purchasing... she has clothes ranging in size from 0-3 months all the way to 12 months with a few 18 month things thrown in there. And a lot of it was purchased on clearance. I would say most of her clothes are up to 9mos and then the amount dwindles down. But I am not worried about her ever not having an outfit. It is probably time to ban myself from Target... nah!

Hair color-
birth- brown and a lot of it
1 month- brown but it seems to be lightening and even getting mommy's natural red highlights (you can see them in the sun)- still a lot of it- but it seems she is losing some
2 months- it is looking a little more red in the sun and is thinning out- a lot. She has two bald spots in the back of her head now, instead of just the one she was born with. 
Eye color-
birth- brown/green with a blue outline
1 month- it appears she will have eyes like her daddy- some days they look green, other days brown, other days hazel, and even once or twice they have looked blueish gray.
2 months- they are more brown than green so I am guessing she will have big brown eyes
Favorite toy/entertainment- Well... she loves the blinds. They are probably her best friends (outside of Aubs- who she misses *cough cough Amy*). She also LOVES her mobile on her swing and even the one on her pack & play at my parents' house. She gives those animals a huge smile. (We just put her animals up on her pack & play here and she is starting to enjoy them...) She also LOVES her hands, well really anyone's hands. Real toys, she doesn't care for them yet. She will bat at hanging toys for a couple minutes but put her in front of the blinds and she can be happy forever. Literally, I had to do work so I put her in her bouncy seat in front of the blinds and she just smiled and "talked" away. She also loves to eat my hand. I now do all my typing one handed. 

Nicknames- Pretty Girl, Baby Girl, Stinks, Chunka Monka, Princess, Chunker Butts, Miss Tish, Stinker Butt, The Prettiest Girl, The Biggest Girl, Pretty Girl Payton, Stinker Pot... I am sure there are more things we call her I just can't think of them right now. She is going to hate us when she finds some of these out LOL

Funniest moments- well you all saw the "month one mortifier". I would have to say a couple weeks  or so ago when my mom was holding her was pretty funny. See before we switched Payton's formula, we all heard when she was pooping (and I don't mean because she was grunting, if you catch my drift). Ever since she has been on the new formula she has been more regular and lady like, if you will. Well the other day my mom was holding her and Payton was "standing" on my mom's legs. I told my mom I thought she was going to poop (she makes poop faces), which is typical for when my mom has her. I swear if Payton is ever constipated I am just going to call my mom to come over. Well sure enough all of a sudden we heard the loudest noise and my mom actually jumped. She scared my mom (and I was worried it was going to be running down Payton's legs and onto my mom... lucky for us all, that wasn't the case LOL). 

Favorite moment- My favorite moments are when Payton smiles at me. It is great knowing that she is smiling at me and not just smiling because she has gas. It is especially nice if I am in a bad mood or stressed out to just see her smile. Even after she has a meltdown, which I am glad to say is not very often anymore, she gives the biggest smile and I forget I just spent 30 minutes trying to get that smile. I am looking forward to her smiles relieving me from my bad work days. 

Milestones- smiling with purpose, semi rolling over from belly to back(she is starting to figure out that if she rolls over, she can end tummy time), starting to jabber, laughs without noise (yes I know it sounds weird but she is laughing not just smiling, she just can't get the noise out)

Firsts
real smile with a purpose

time sleeping through the night
time getting her pacifier back in her mouth on her own (and that doesn't happen often- it has to be situated just right for her to get it)
time rolling over 
time talking...well trying 
laugh (it was a silent laugh but it was definitely a laugh)
time spitting up down mommy's shirt... right when we were about to leave
trip to the Forest (Oak Forest, my school)
time attending a meeting at the Forest
time getting her nails cut instead of filed (it wasn't bad at all! we have done it a few times now and have no fatalities to report!)
time finding her feet- she tried to reach them but couldn't quite figure out how to get them


We have been working on tummy time. Payton would much rather scoot herself off the mat than to try to roll over or hold her head up. Last time she scooted, I put her back on her mat and she got mad, kinda like "I just did all that work and you put me back?!" We have also decided that because we shop for her every time we go into a store, that anything we buy her starting now we are saving for Christmas. I know she will only really care about the paper, if that, but she still needs presents. At least this way the spending won't all be at once. And speaking of Christmas (yes I know we still have a little more than 4 months), I really need to find toys that she will enjoy at 6mos+. Does anyone have any good ideas? I don't want to get her something that will not be fun for her just because it says it is age appropriate. So what toys do your babies like?

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

13 comments:

  1. I love that her little checks have plumped up!! It makes me want to pinch them haha! Oh my goodness that picture of her and Tim...they are such twinkies! Even the expressions on their faces!! My favorite pic is the pouty lip on the play mat. I LOVE that one! Happy 2 months again Payton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun post to read! I wish I had done this when Ellie was born! I was way too distracted with her excessive crying from her reflux and her colic to ever post milestones like these...sigh...anyway, good job mamma keeping track of all of this! She will love reading this when she is older!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I love her little cheeks too.. I have no idea when they appeared but they are too much! And seriously I am convinced all I did was carry around all Tim's DNA for 9mos! And of course the pouty lip... she is a pro... I actually have 4 or 5 just like that from the playmat bc she is so good at it lol

    Kyna I got the idea from Amy and I actually start typing it long before her actual monthly birthday so I don't forget anything... because my memory is shot. Poor Ellie (and poor mama) for having reflux and colic... that was my biggest fear bc I had both and my mom said I was not a good time for the first few months lol at least Ellie is cute though! I am sure her cuteness helped you fight through all the crying (or at least "forget" about it when she gives a big smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was definitely worth the wait!!!! She is gorgeous and I think she gets cuter every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a lovely little lady! I love the way you described her eyes - they sounds SO beautiful! :)

    Congratulations on her first two months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie Echols23 August, 2011

    Love this post.... she's just beautiful and I bet she's so much fun!!!! you did a beautiful job with the pictures and laying it all out with the wording. If I ever get any ideas for 6 months, i will let you know... everyone here has a baby it seems and i bet they have good recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana (hancock heir): she is just so adorable! Aren't the smiles with purpose just the best ever! wait until they really start laughing - that is one sound I can never get enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are so cute! She is such a precious little cutie! I can't wait to play with her on Monday afternoons :-) James is excited too he just doesn't know it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh Dana I was hoping she was going to laugh before I went back to work... but I go back Thursday and we've got nothing.

    Becca I bet James just can't wait to see her again... until he realizes that means she is staying for a little bit without her own parents to hold her lol and I told her she was coming to your house on Mondays and she smiled nice and big (no joke!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely baby! Teaching is a great job for mommies-I've just started my 21st year, and have loved my summer 'mommy' time!
    http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gina!

    New follower from MBC. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!

    -Nicole
    BetweenBabies.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Payton is adorable! I like how you keep all these details about her. I am not a mother but recently my mom found 2 baby books that she kept of me and my twin and it was fascinating noting certain facts. My twin sister died in 2008. I actually have some of these pictures and articles about them on my Blog. Janine died shortly before our 47th birthday. The Kenny Rogers song sounds wonderful. By the way, I am glad to link up with you through the Blog Hop. Take care and my best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! Love her, she's so ADORABLE!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)