One Month Mortifier...

Let me preface this by saying that 1. it isn't that mortifying and 2. everything in this post is completely ok because our little girl is cute...


and before I go on and tell you what was so mortifying hilarious... let me give you her update from the dr today (which is where this picture was taken)... she now weighs 8lbs 15oz and is 21 inches long. She is right at the 50th percentile still.

Now onto the hilarity that came today. When taking a baby to the dr (for anyone who doesn't have one or quite remember how this goes), you have to take their clothes off and they measure their length then we take the diaper off and they weigh her. Usually if a baby is going to go to the bathroom when naked, it would seem that it would happen on the scale... I mean they do put a paper down on it just incase. Payton has never done this. We are 3 for 3 for no accidents on the scale... however we can say now we are 1 for 3 in the "going to the bathroom while completely naked and being held in the air"... Yes folks, Payton promptly peed right after I picked her up off the scale. I was holding her out (luckily she wasn't up against me) for the nurse to measure around her head and she just started going...and going... and going. Tim at first was trying to prevent it from going all over the place (he had a wipe in his hand.. little did we know how much was coming) and it was just going all over... there was no hope. And it didn't stop. I swear the girl held it in just for this occasion. The nurse said it happens all the time and we (ok maybe I more than Tim) could not contain my laughter. The nurse finally said "geez girl how much you got in there?!" Yep she left quite a mess on their floor. I felt so bad! But again.. look back up at that picture and tell me, how could you even be mad with that face?!

We also discussed Payton's poop concerns (I'll spare you the details) and we couldn't quite convey what we were trying to say and describe it. Luckily she did that (with diaper on-thankfully) while in the appt. too, and her Dr said everything is fine. Phew. (Otherwise we were having to flip a coin to see who was going to have to give this baby a suppository...) We are, however, testing out a sensitive formula to see if it helps her fussiness. We have only made one bottle so far so I am not sure of the effect. (She has pooped twice since that bottle though, without much struggle.) We will try it for a few days before making any decisions. Who woulda thought that anytime in my life I would be blogging about poop?!

Also, please accept this pitiful cell phone picture to hold you over until we can get her one month pictures done. Today was just too busy and she was a little too much of a diva yesterday and didn't want to participate. I am hoping to get them done by the end of this week. Let's cross our fingers! I promise to update once I add the pictures.
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21 July, 2011

    (Dana - hancockheir)it happens to everyone - getting peed and pooped on! It's funny - and think those are the stories we will be telling our children's furture girlfriends and boyfriends to embaress them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Payton is really good at pooping and peeing when the diaper comes off. This situation was just out of control. I never know she could hold that much in there lol

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)