I can't believe...

...it is already Christmas... and that this time next year things will be so different! I am so excited to be able to have baby's first christmas next year! So maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself here, being that it is a year away... but can you blame me?!

We took a belly picture last night and according to Tim they all look the same... so now instead of feeling like I look pregnant, I feel like I look like a blob. As soon as I plug the camera in and load all the pictures I will put the belly picture in my last post. I have a doctor's appointment Monday (and I have probably already mentioned that) and I am so excited. It seems like this last 4 weeks since my last appointment have just dragged on and on.

I have been so scatter brained lately that I am not ready for Christmas. I just finished shopping yesterday and technically still have one gift left to order. Luckily that gift is for my mom and she understands how clueless I am sometimes and will accept a picture of the gift to come until I get it. Oh we have two gifts to ship up to Buffalo too...

We have stocked up on diapers (enough for now anyways)... 2 packages of newborn, 3 size 1, and 3 size 2 (I think) so our next thing will be so start stocking up on the little stuff- wipes, qtips, lotions... stuff that adds up but you can never have too much of. We are thinking about buying our travel system in the next month or so (I realllly want it to be gender neutral if I can stick to it) and possibly our swing. People are probably thinking we should just register for it, but there is so much that we need that I will feel better if we can get that out of the way. We will see. I have been researching travel systems for a long time and still haven't picked one, so at the rate we are going, it may very well be on a registry.

I found this great idea on a blog that I read that I am thinking we will do. The girl used two bookshelves and totes to store things such as burp cloths, diapers, bath stuff, sleepers, swaddlers, sheets, etc. I like the idea a lot because those are things that I know we won't have a place for. We might just use a bookshelf I already have (a tall one) and get the totes. I like the idea of each having their own tote so I know exactly where to put things and where to get them from plus those things don't need to take up dresser space then. I am guessing I would have totes for- diapers, burp cloths, blankets, bath time (washcloths, soaps, etc), bibs, pacifiers/teething things (this could just be a small tote), sheets... probably a few others but I won't know until I have a ton of stuff staring at me with no place to go.

I have gotten some gifts that I want to take pictures of and post so maybe we will do that tomorrow. Hopefully everyone has a Merry Christmas! And hopefully after tomorrow this blog will be a way for my family to keep up with what is going on with us since we don't live at home anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Payton loves to hear from you :)