15 weeks/Dr appt

We had our monthly doctor appointment yesterday. I was so anxious to get there and here the heartbeat again. We did the usual, including getting on the scale. I asked the nurse if she was sure this was a good idea- ya know being that we just had Christmas and all... she laughed. I, however, was not kidding. I knew what I was going to see on the scale. After that we went into the room and listened for the heartbeat. This time she found it right away. It was 168! The first time we heard the heartbeat it was 148! (Last appt they didn't tell me it but the Dr said it sounded like it was in the 140's- so quite a jump.) Poor kid is trying to exercise off all the holiday food and getting his/her heart rate up. While we were there we set up our next appointment (with the most clueless receptionist ever... she said "oh they want to see you back in a month" well yes lady they are going to see me every month.. I am pregnant after all) for January 28. This is the day we will hopefully find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I will just be laying on that table until they can tell what this little baby is. 


15 week stats
Date: December 28, 2010
How far along: 15 weeks 3 days
Total weight gained:  I plead the fifth and blame Christmas
Sleep:  Well I am not sleeping in like I had hoped but I am sleeping through the night most nights.
Best moment of the week:  Getting to hear the heartbeat again and setting up the U/S
Movement:  Nothing that I am sure of. My doctor said in the next few weeks I should feel something that I can be sure is the baby... we will see how alert I am.
Food Craving: Nothing but I did need cucumbers again the other day because I felt so sick.
Food Aversions:  Still none
Morning Sickness:  Nope
Gender:  Still thinking boy 
Maternity clothes:  I got some more for Christmas and I may just get a few more things but not much. I will get by with just enough to have a different outfit each day of the week.
Symptoms:  On and off nausea. Back aches. Tired.
What I miss:  Nothing really- well ok I miss sleeping in
What I'm looking forward to:  January 28!
Weekly wisdom:  Hmmm- I guess I am just not wise... I have learned to not stress about small things though. 
Milestones:  I have made it this far without puking once... I say that is an accomplishment. 



According to thebump the baby is the size of a


naval orange!
Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.



Sorry there is no 15 week picture. We took one- I just wasn't feeling it and don't really want to share it. Maybe next week.


My plans for my next post are:
1.) look up old wives tales and post them and the results of them- this might help some people complete the poll on the right sidebar.
2.) take pictures of a few more things that we have gotten for the baby as gifts that are already in the baby room and therefore didn't make it in the last post about baby gifts because I forgot to go get them out of the room and take the picture. 



1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for this blog. Even though we are thousands of miles away from each other I still feel like I'm right there through all the weeks of updates. Love and miss you so much

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)