14 weeks

Here we are...14 weeks-which according to the What to Expect book, is being my my 4th month. Little did I know since just yesterday I told my dentist I was 3 months. Ah well. I should just stick to how many weeks I am because I can't keep track of the week-month conversions. Speaking of the dentist, usually pregnancy is bad for teeth (especially the women in my family)... amazingly enough this was probably the best dentist appt I have had in YEARS. Ok I know this isn't about my teeth but I am so excited that they didn't have to use the water pick and there are no cavities. I thought for sure they would be in bad shape with being pregnant.

Back to pregnancy news... we are going to finally post the news on facebook on Christmas and we can make this blog public. Most people know at this point (and our cards were a big hit) but Tim really wanted to wait until Christmas to post- so we will. I have been researching breast feeding and how that would work when I go back to teaching. It seems very overwhelming to me right now and I keep going back and forth with whether I want to or not. (And no, I don't need your opinions on the matter.)

I am 14 weeks and 4 days (I really need to be better at updating this thing) and am starting to feel better on a more regular basis. Sometimes I get nauseous at night but not every night anymore. Being on winter break sure has helped too. I actually slept until 9am today! It would have been longer but Roscoe felt the need to gag in my ear. We have a doctor's appointment on Monday and I am hoping when I am there we can set up the BIG ultrasound to find out if this is a boy or a girl. I can't decide if when we find out we will reveal the name choice or not. Only a few people know the names I have picked and I am not sure if I want to reveal it right away. A while ago (as in, pre-pregnancy) Tim and I decided on the best girl name... and the other day his cousin (who is due in July) told me she picked that same name (without me having told her the name)... I can't find any other name that I love as much as this name. Our boy name no one has picked yet.

Weekly update (picture will be added to this post later, as I am currently a disaster and don't want to take a picture right now--sorry there was no 13 week picture, I must have gotten sidetracked by my exhaustion- the girls date was VERY exhausting and that was the night I laughed myself to sleep thanks to Amy and Jason)

Date: December 22, 2010
How far along: 14 weeks 4 days
Total weight gained:  still just 5lbs
Sleep:  Being on break I can sleep in or nap so I am content with sleep right now!
Best moment of the week:  It's a secret ;)
Movement:  When I was waking up from a nap i thought I felt the baby move (ya know, the flutters..) but I am not sure if I did or if I imagined it in my half awake half asleep state.
Food Craving: I don't have cravings...I just like instant gratification. I decide I want to eat and don't want to wait to eat whatever I am going to get. 
Food Aversions:  I'm still ok here
Morning Sickness:  Nope
Gender:  Still thinking boy 
Maternity clothes:  My friend Amy gave me a bag of maternity clothes that she got from a friend... the story that comes with me opening that bag had us laughing all night... thank you Jason for the entertainment :)
Symptoms:  Just occasional nausea. I am still tired a lot but I am at least trying to be productive more.
What I miss:  I am ok really. 
What I'm looking forward to:  Hearing the heartbeat again Monday and hopefully setting up the BIG u/s appt. 
Weekly wisdom:  I really think I should just take this portion out... but I do have some wisdom for people trying to get pregnant... STOP STRESSING! 
Milestones:  Being productive while pregnant! 


and thebump says.... the baby is the size of


lemon!
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.



Well this was a nice break from trying to tackle my to do list, but I have quite a bit to do (which includes wrapping all the Christmas gifts) and need to get back to it. Hopefully a picture will be added later tonight or tomorrow...


The long awaited picture...


2 comments:

  1. I only gained about 6 lbs the first trimester, but since then I've been gaining 3-5 lbs per month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up until today I had gained 5... I blame Christmas for what happened at the doctor today lol

    ReplyDelete

Payton loves to hear from you :)